Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Doug Wead: My New Buddy

Have you heard about the formerly secret recordings that a now-former friend of George W. Bush made before the 2000 presidential campaign? The man’s name is Doug Wead, and I salute him.

“I don’t want any kid doing what I tried to do 30 years ago,” Bush said. The Texas Governor also discusses the tricky task of bridging his conservative evangelical base with gay voters, calls Al Gore a “liar” and says that John McCain’s relevance will fade. The part about Gore isn’t a big deal, and neither, really, is the part about McCain. The evangelical-gay thing is interesting, considering that Bush has never tried to “bridge” anything and now calls for a constitutional amendment to intrude on gay peoples’ personal lives.

About the part where he apparently acknowledges his past drug use, I can only say:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Whew…..that felt good!

My only regret here is that even though everyone knew about it, it did not make a difference in the 2004 election, and not enough of a difference in 2000. Remember when Bill Clinton’s “I didn’t inhale” remark provoked the ire of conservatives everywhere? Funny how they were soooo quiet this time, huh?
« Liberal Blogs » Blogroll Me! Blogarama - The Blog Directory